Thursday, 6 February 2014

Country roads, take me home.

Source Source
Source / Source

I was born and raised in the city, Birmingham to be precise and up until recently I have never imagined myself living anywhere but a busy, bustling city. I go on holiday to the Irish countryside every year, but that had always just been a nice summer getaway. Lately, possibly inspired by watching a few too many episodes of Escape to the Country of an afternoon after Uni, but I think mainly due to rethinking what I want to do in the future, a house in the country sounds ideal. Going to local markets, growing some of my own food, country pubs and having enough land to be able to rescue animals sounds perfect. I may change my mind soon enough and decide I want to live in the centre of London, but for now a country cottage is my dream. 

2 comments:

  1. I live in a rural Welsh town so moving to a city for uni was such a change for me. I don't think I could live anywhere other than the countryside! I always miss the fields and trees of home when I'm in Cardiff haha!

    Jessie @ www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.You can't really find any cottages in the countryside here in California, I've been dying to visit the UK! Thank you for sharing! ♥

    Diary of a Singer-Songwriter ♥

    ReplyDelete