Saturday, 7 December 2013

Decembers The Vegan Kind Monthly Subscription Box

 Since switching to a vegan diet, I've been browsing the web a lot trying to find recipes and what not, which led me to find 'The Vegan Kind'. TVK is a monthly subscription box, filled with 5- 8 vegan products such as make up, food, drink, household items, etc. for just £10 a month plus £2.95 p&p. I had a quick look at the FAQs before ordering and found that if you're a blogger you can email bloggers@thevegankind.com and if there are any opportunities available, Karris (the owner) will let you know. I did this and she was lovely enough to send me a box free of charge! I just had to pay for the p&p.

When my box was delivered, I was really excited to see what was in a it and opened it straight away. After a quick look through the items, I of course had to try the Arbonne bar. I found the bar a little dry, so I dipped it in my tea and that definitely helped.  My housemates and I then tried the Freedom Mallows. We all said the taste was exactly like non-vegan marshmallows, while the texture was slightly different it wasn't bad. One of housemates was immediately online to order some for herself, so I'd say they're a definite winner!

The Yaoh Lipbalm came at just the right time, as the cold weather hasn't been good to my lips, it's mango flavour so it's smells and tastes great haha! I'm yet to use the Dr. Bronners Soap, but I will do soon and I'm particularly please it's suited to sensitive skin. The snowflake was a nice little touch and was stuck up on my bedroom door alongside a glittery reindeer that's there also.
 I used the Green Frog Cleaner to clean my kitchen and bathroom and the first thing I noticed was the smell. It doesn't have that typical cleaning product smell, but an actually quite pleasant scent. I haven't used the Mendill Towelettes yet as I don't want to waste them, but I know they'll come in handy. I often get the urge to wash my hands, so these will useful for when I'm out and about.
 Overall I'm really pleased with the box and will be continuing my subscription. The products are guaranteed to be worth over £10, so you'll never be losing out on money and it's a great way to find out about cruelty free brands.

You can find The Vegan Kind on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube.

1 comment: