Tuesday, 3 December 2013

The Christmas Tag

After University today I went to the shop to pick up some candy canes. I decided that it was time I made my room a little bit more festive, I even put a little woolly hat on my deer.
I've seen this tag going around for the past week, so I thought that seen as I've tried to make my room more Christmassy, I'd do the same for my blog.

Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
Me and my family have never had a real Christmas tree, which I guess is because real ones are messy, in which I'm going to say I prefer synthetic ones.

You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
I'm going to be really boring and say tea. I hate coffee and I've only ever tried a Hazelnut Hot Chocolate from Stabucks, which I didn't like :(

Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Blue and White, it may not be traditional, but it feels more wintery to me compared to red and gold.

Giving or receiving?
Both are great, but I really do love buying gifts for others.
 I always end up spending more than I plan to buying things for other people.

To mince pie or not to?
To mince pie!
I tried one for the first time this year (in my younger years I thought they had mince meat in) and I am now definitely a fan.

What's your traditional Sunday lunch?
Chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mash potato and gravy.
Well that's what my mother cooks, I don't like mash or Cauliflower and as I'm now eating a vegan diet, I won't be having any chicken. I'll probably have veggie sausages as a substitute. 

What's your favourite Christmas song?
The Pogues - Fairytale of New York
Always and forever will this be my favourite Xmas song.
What's your favourite Christmas film?
Home Alone or Elf.

Open presents before or after lunch?
We usually open presents  before breakfast!

What time of the year do you start your Christmas shopping?
I tend to start thinking about it in October and from there I'll order or buy the odd thing. The bulk is still usually done in December.

Tell me how Christmas goes down in your home
Well, when me and my siblings were younger, we would obviously wake up much earlier and drag our parents downstairs, however the last few years my mother has had to wake us up.
We look through our stockings that my mother leaves in our rooms for us and then go downstairs and have a cup of tea. Once we're all in the living room, I usually sit by the presents and hand them out to everyone.
Once they're all opened, we take our things upstairs and tidy the living room. My mother will start dinner while we all get ready, then I set the table and we sit down for dinner and dessert
In the evening we usually go to a relatives house, but that sometimes waits until Boxing day.
Do you have any Christmas traditions?
I'd say getting our stockings is our tradition.
Ever since I can remember my mother has made us one filled with sweets, chocolate, toiletries and other random bits and bobs. I think she originally did them so that she'd get extra time to sleep while we looked through them.
What do you do on Christmas Eve?
Christmas Eve isn't much different to any other night in out house. We all just sit around, watch TV etc. Last year I spent Xmas Eve in the pub for a friends birthday and I suspect this year will be the same.

What's your Christmas wrapping strategy? Do you have a strategy?
I don't have a strategy, but apparently I'm pretty good at wrapping. My mother takes advantage of this and I end up wrapping all the majority of the presents she's bought for people. Luckily I don't mind!

What's your dream gift this year?
I can't think of anything that is an absolute must in my life right now.
I guess I'd love a new laptop, but I know that's out of my Xmas present budget.

Do you decorate just the tree or other areas of your house e.g. windows, bannisters?
In my house in Southampton we've decorated the living room, kitchen and hallways, as well as us having a few little Christmassy things in our rooms. At home we tend to decorate the tree, have a wreath on the front door and tinsel on the bannister. 

We made our gnomes into elves and theyre so cute!

What do you wear to Christmas parties and what do you wear on Christmas day?
On Christmas day I tend to wear a normal day outfit, nothing special.
For family get-togethers I'll wear jeans and a blouse or a casual dress.


Hope you all enjoy the run up to Christmas and have a great Christmas day!

2 comments: