Saturday, 16 November 2013

Favourite Albums



Last Sunday I saw my favourite band Frightened Rabbit and it has inspired me to do a music related post about my favourite albums. My music taste judging from this selection of albums could easily be classified as 'Indie Rock with a particular love of Scottish bands'.
Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight / Frightened Rabbit - The Winter Of Mixed Drinks
Shock horrow, there are two Frabbit albums included. These are the first two albums I heard when I discovered Frightened Rabbit a few years ago and I could easily listen to them on repeat constantly 
(I pretty much already do)
You Me At Six - Take Off Your Colours / The Twilight Sad - No One Can Ever Know
I remember finding YMAS on Myspace when they had a few songs posted on their page, immediately fell in love with them and have loved them ever since.
I found The Twilight Sad through watching Frabbit videos on YouTube. They're pretty sombre and dark, but there is something about their music that I love.
We Were Promised Jetpacks - These Four Walls / Twin Atlantic - Free
I was introduced to WWPJ by a friend about a year ago and they've easily become of my favourite bands, they're somewhat more upbeat that the majority of music I listen to.
I don't know anyone who doesn't like Twin Atlantic and I totally understand why. This album is brilliant and one that I couldn't pick just one favourite song from.
The Dykeenies - Nothing Means Everything / Mallory Knox - Signals
I have no idea how I came about The Dykeenies and they're one of those bands that I can go ages without listening to, but then whenever I do listen to them I question why I haven't listened to them for so long.
I first heard Mallory Knox on Kerrang TV and didn't pay much attention to them, a few months later I downloaded their album and became a fan. I saw them live at Godiva festival and I am desperate to see them again!

Obviously, I think my music taste is pretty great and would recommend you check out all of the above bands/albums. I'd also appreciate it if any of my followers would recommend some bands that are their favourites.



No comments:

Post a Comment