Thursday, 31 October 2013

West Midlands Vegan Festival

On Saturday me and my friend Ciara took a drive to Wolverhampton, to visit the West Midlands Vegan Festival at The Wolverhampton Civic. I'm currently only vegetarian, but I am cutting down my dairy intake and looking more closely at the cosmetics and toiletries I use, trying to insure they're not tested on animals.


The event welcomes everyone 'You don't have to be veggie or vegan to attend, everyone is welcome! Come and see why people are increasingly adopting a vegan lifestyle.'

After a quick look around, we spotted a cocktail bar and headed straight to it. I believe they were JM CocktailsThe guys working behind the bar were lovely and made us a Vodka, Blue Curacao and fruit juice cocktail. Definitely a great way to start the day.


Totally by coincidence, the next stall we headed to was a wine stall. Offering red, rose and white wine, Ciara decided to purchase a bottle for her mother. I'm not a fan of wine at all, so I steered clear.


Outside there were several stalls set up and this was my favourite. Free cheese samples, yes please.
It was the first time I'd ever tried vegan cheese, some were much nicer than others and I'm gutted because there was one I really liked and I forgot to make a note of its name, so it is now a mission of mine to find it.


After the cheese samples, me and Ciara were a bit peckish and got a Vegan burger each from Change Kitchen. They don't look particularly attractive and could have been a bit warmer, but overall the taste of it was nice.

And for desert, this chocolate and hazelnut muffin from Tall Poppy Foods.


Definitely wasn't disappointed and I would have bought more if it wouldn't have made me look greedy.
 
However, I couldn't leave there empty handed, so I picked up some Vegan chocolate from Moo Free Chocolates

and a sightly random purchase of this Rose Quartz crystal. I've had a small collection for years and I couldn't not buy this, it's beautiful!

I really enjoyed the Vegan Festival and seriously guys, those cupcakes were just A*.

No comments:

Post a Comment