Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Bookcase 'Tour'



























I recently decorated my room and got a new bookcase as well. I was in desperate need of one as I have so much stuff! I thought I'd do a little post about what I have on it as I personally like reading other bloggers post about how they organise their bedroom and such.

I have so much more jewellery than this, I'm still trying to figure out where to keep it, my long necklaces are currently cluttering my windowsill, but I keep my smaller necklaces and bracelets on my little jewellery stand. I love glass jars, hence why I've got four of them. They store my brushes, earrings, bracelets, earrings and bobbles and grips.


I couldn't fit my eyelashes into my toiletry box so they're having to stay on display for now, along with my sunglasses, perfumes (Cerruti, Vera Wang and Versace), my sugar skull incense holder that I got when I went on holiday to Wales last year and love, crystals/gemstones and my hello kitty alarm clock.
I think crystals and gemstones are gorgeous, the few I have I've collected over the years randomly and I really want to get some more.
I'm a massive Harry Potter fan, so I've got all the books out and I will get round to reading them again one day. As well as them I have a few by John Green who is a brilliant author and I highly recommend and Johnny Cash's Autobiography. My DVD collection is small yet quite a mix, ranging from Beauty and the Beast to Saw II.


I have so many things and I like to keep everything pretty organised and tidy, so I have a box each for my toiletries, nail varnishes and make up and then just keep out the items I use on a daily basis, those being my cleanser, toner, moisturiser, cotton wool and vitamin tablets.


Like any fashion student should, I have a collection of magazines. Vogue, Elle, Company and Glamour are my monthly reads. I did used to get Cosmopolitan as well, but the cost of all five magazines every month kept adding up, so I had to decide to give up one. I also have a few fashion books by the likes of Victoria Beckham and Lauren Conrad and my 'Blank Note Book' which I use as my sketch book.

I've had my bookcase for a few weeks now and I've discovered it definitely isn't easy to keep it constantly tidy!

8 comments:

  1. Love this post and your new header! I have that 'How to be adored' book that I think I spy at the bottom too? And I love John Green - Looking for Alaska is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, I love 'how to be adored', even used it in a lecture when Amber made us bring something in and talk about, haha x

      Delete
  2. It turned out really nice :)
    You have soooo many magazines!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father thinks my magazine collection is ridiculous haha x

      Delete
  3. Looks like you've had a good time decorating your room! I envy your magazine collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not quite finished yet, still need a new chest of drawers, but my rooms is so much nicer now! x

      Delete
  4. this just makes me want my own bookcase so i can sort my knic knacs out!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I ever coped without one, my things were so cluttered before :( x

      Delete