Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Banana and Oat Bites

 A few days ago, I was bored and hungry, so I thought what better time that to try out a recipe I've never used before? I came across a Banana and Oatmeal Cookies recipe, it's Vegan/Vegetarian friendly and with just two ingredients needed, very simple.
All you need is:
1 Banana
1/2 cup of Oats

Chop up the banana into slices.

Mash the banana and oats until combined.

Take teaspoon size portions and roll into a ball shape.

Place onto a greased baking tray. I used Vitalite Dairy Free Spread , which is available in most supermarkets, to make sure I kept the recipe Vegan. Of course if you're not vegan, you can use dairy butter. 

Place into the oven at 180° for fifteen minutes.
Once cooked place into a cooling tray, but you can eat them warm, like I did with a couple...

They're particularly lovely with a bit of jam.

These are great to have as snacks or to have a bowl for breakfast. It means you can make up a batch whenever you have time and keep them for the morning if like myself you rarely make time to have breakfast.

There is approximately just 160 calories in this batch, meaning just 13/14 calories per piece!

The recipe is versatile and in the future I want to try making them with raisins/almonds/coconut.

Let me know if you have a go at making these and what you think of them.

1 comment:

  1. These look really nice. Always looking for new healthy snack ideas!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete