Friday, 9 August 2013

Avon Nail Art Design Strips

I've probably mentioned this before, but nail varnish is not my friend! It only lasts a few hours, if that, before chipping, but that's not even the worst part. My nails must be extra sensitive to the chemicals in nail varnish as after wearing it for only a short amount of time, my nails become very weak and split. Because of this I've been looking into alternatives, which led me to nail wraps and to my luck, before I got round to buying any, I was given two packs of Avon Nail Art Design Strips from an Avon rep in my area.



























The nail wraps were really simple to put on and there is a how to guide that comes in the set which is useful if you've never used nail wraps before. These only lasted on my nails for about 18 hours before they began peeling off, which is quite disappointing, however it's still longer than nail varnish lasts on my nails and they aren't damaging at all. At £4.50 a set, personally I wouldn't buy these, due to them not lasting long enough for it to be worth the price and there are a multitude of nail wraps on eBay for much cheaper. I'll definitely used nail wraps again, even if they don't last a long time, they would be perfect for a night out or particular event.

Have you used nail wraps? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. They look so pretty! I didn't know Avon did nail wraps. Yeah £4.50 is pretty expensive. I've never used nail wraps before, I have some from eBay for 99p that have been sitting in my draw for well over a year oops! xo

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading to ebay as soon as I have money to buy some more! :) x

      Delete
  2. Avon is amazing! I never get the magazines anymore but I used to love getting things from there so cheap xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty and i love the idea of the nail wrap. great for those like me who are absolutely horrible when it comes to painting our own nails. thank you for sharing, and lovely blog as well. perhaps we could follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete