Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Falafel Salad Pitta Recipe / Vegetarian / Vegan


I had planned to make falafel burgers again yesterday evening, when it turned out I had no burger buns and burgers just aren't the same without them. In such circumstances, I decided to change it up a bit and make a Falafel Salad Pitta. A meal  is suitable for 
Vegetarians and Vegans.

I've already posted a recipe for falafel, which you can see here.
The amount in the original falafel post will be enough for two servings, so for this recipe to fill a pitta I halved the amount. Also, instead of creating a normal 'burger' shape, I shaped the falafel into small disc shapes, about the size of a two pound coin. It meant they cooked quicker and were easier to fit into the pitta!

As for the rest of it:
Toast a pitta and cut it in half.
Spread some vegan butter and mustard inside. (Go easy on the mustard) 
Chop up some lettuce, red onion and spring onions. (Or use any salad you like)
Place it all in the pitta and add a bit of ketchup.
This is a really filling meal for approx 300 - 400 calories depending on the fillings and sauces used.
Not to mention, it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment