Thursday, 11 April 2013

Body Piercing

Piercings are becoming increasingly popular these days. I remember when I got my Tragus pierced at the age on 14 and none of my school friends had ever seen or heard of the piercing, now it seems that everyone has it done. 
I love piercings personally, I don't get them to be different or for attention, I just really like them and I can't exactly explain why. I got my first piercings at the age of about 7, when I got my lobes pierced in Claires accessories of course and then again at the age about around 10.

I hit 14 and me and a friend decided to get another piercing, that being our tragus'. Since then I've got a piercing or two every year. I've had all together twenty one piercings and currently have fourteen.
Left Image (right ear): Helix, Double Forward Helix, Anti- Tragus, Lobes X2
 Right Image (left ear): Tragus, Rook Double Helix, Lobes X2
Other: Nipples

I've just got back from getting two new piercings (double forward helix), which is what inspired me to write this. I thought I'd give a few tips and pointers to those looking to get a piercing in the future!
(I'm in no way an expert, but after so many piercings, I like to think I know a thing or two)

Don't get a piercing with a gun - It won't be sterilised, which could lead to infection and guns also cause a lot of trauma to the skin.

Go to a reputable piercer - Make sure when getting pierced that the person doing it has got a certificate to prove they have gone through the required training to pierce people.

There are age restrictions - Any reputable piercing studio will follow the law and not pierce people under a certain age, particularly intimate piercings aren't done on anyone under the age of 18.
A lot of studios won't pierce anyone under the age of 16 without parental consent.

You don't need to spend a lot on cleaning product - Many places sell products to clean your new piercing, buy them if that's what you want, but mixing a bit of salt with boiling water will work perfectly fine.

Don't mess with the piercing during the healing process - You may think your hands are clean, but  when you touch the piercing you're transferring bacteria on to it, which could result in an infection and will prolong the healing process.
Piercings hurt, but the pain varies for each person - Piercings are going to hurt, you're getting a needle pushed through your skin/cartilage, however the pain varies for everyone.
I thought the forward helix barely hurt, whereas my friend said it hurt her a lot.

Don't let the pain put your off - The pain of piercing lasts for a few seconds if that and you may experience a dull pain for a bit of time afterwards, but a piercing is worth it!


If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them as best as I can.

6 comments:

  1. I used to have 13 piercings. My favorite was my tragus that I got when I skipped school my senior year. So rebellious! HA It closed after 3 years and I'm still devastated. I really like how you've set yours, they all compliment each-other.

    BTW love the eyeliner!

    Little Red Umbrellas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know about your other 'cheeky' piercings! Your ears are looking pretty perfect right now, especially the right one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :') thanks, I don't think I'll be able to resist getting more though! x

      Delete
  3. Nice! It is my birthday this weekend and I have never had anything pierced other than my ears and my upper lobe? Ha.. I really don't know the terminology. I was thinking of getting one for myself... perhaps the nose? Have you had that done before and did it hurt?

    -xx

    http://www.liliesandleather.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've had my nose done four times actually!
      As I said the pain varies for different people, however it can't hurt that much if I got it done four times! Haha. For me, it was a little pinch and it made my eyes water and that was about it, so go for it! :) x

      Delete