Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Frightened Rabbit: Pedestrian Verse Album and Gig Review

First off, the album, Pedestrian Verse was released February 4th. Now I love Frightened Rabbit, so I may be a bit bias, but it really is a brilliant album. With there previous albums focusing on a break-up, Pedestrian Verse is a lot more upbeat and positive, with catchy lyrics. I have already picked up a fair few of the lyrics, but saying that...I've listened to the album at least 50 times. I am of course going to recommend this album and their others to anyone and everyone, I absolutely adore this band.
My current favourites from the album are: Oil Slick, Backyard Skulls and Holy

Leading on from that is the gig review. I had been waiting months for the date to finally come around. On the 11th on February I travelled to Portsmouth with two friends to see Frightened Rabbit. The two support acts were Wintersleep and Washington Irving; both were really good and not dissimilar to Frightened Rabbit, meaning even though I'd never heard either of them before, I enjoyed listening to their music.
I was at the front by the time Washing Irving played, ready for Frightened Rabbit and despite being 18, I was like a little kid at Christmas when they finally came on stage. They sound exactly as they do on the album and Scott has great stage presence and interacted with the crowd. Singing a selection of songs from the new and previous albums, I think my favourites they performed were: Good Arms vs. Bad Arms and Oil Slick. It upsets me to think I won't see them perform again for a long time, yes I'm already planning to get tickets for whenever they play near me next. 

2 comments:

  1. I've seen FR live now 3 times and they are always as impressive if not better as the first. I'm glad you feel the same way about this band as I do!
    Pedestrian Verse is incredible but sadly uni put me on placement in Cardiff when I had tickets for Gateshead :( I'm really hoping for another tour this year!

    http://mapetiteinfini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous you've seen them so many times!
      Sucks that you didn't get to see them this time, but yeah another tour would be brilliant! x

      Delete