Monday, 21 January 2013

Superdrug Semi-Permanent Hair Dye

So, as usual after getting my hair close to its natural colour, I got bored and decided I needed a change.
Red is a colour I've been in the past and many different shades of it, so my decision of what colour was easy. I loved having red hair and it has been two years since I've had it, until now.

I went into Superdrug with the intention of buying L'Oreal casting crème gloss,  but I saw Superdrug's own brand hair dye in pretty much the same colour I was after, but for a fraction of the price. Being a student, I have to watch my money so instead of £13 for L'Oreal, I paid just £5 for Superdrugs. Bare in mind I had to buy two boxes due to the length of my hair. 2 boxes for £5 is a steal!


The colour I went for was 'Black Cherry', a subtle dark red.

The instructions were simple and easy to follow, if you've dyed your hair before they're just the same as pretty much any other brand.

During the dying process, looking lovely and orange.
 
 This is the final result! Straight after I dyed it, I felt it was too dark, however after another wash it lightened and I'm happy with it now! There was no itching or burning during the dying process, although I didn't, I would recommend doing a strand test to check for any allergies to the ingredients.
The dye claims to last for up to 28 washes, which means four weeks for me considering I wash my hair pretty much everyday.
I'm glad I went for semi-permanent, my hair feels so much better than it does after dying it with permanent and I'm able to return to my natural colour without the annoying growing out stage.
I'd recommend this product to anyone wanting to dye their hair: It's cheap and good quality. I cannot see any difference in quality compared to more expensive brands.

9 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous! Your hair is so long and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah, I can finally stop wearing extensions :) x

      Delete
  2. It looks amazing on you :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you got on well with this, i have two packs waiting for me! your hair looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color :)
    I think I will buy the same product, but different color when I visit the store.

    xoxo
    S
    Life's Perceptions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest update about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls
    hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks lovely! really suits you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what was your colour before you dyed it? xx

    ReplyDelete