Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Looking for Alaska by John Green

I'm not a great reader of books, I tend to stick to reading Vogue or Elle, but I can say I've said all the Harry Potter books and a mass of Jacqueline Wilson ones, although that was when I was much younger. 
My sister recently purchased 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green. I know of John Green via his YouTube channel 'vlogbrothers', which I religiously watch every week, but I'd never bothered to read any of his books. Anyway, long story short, I wanted too and I borrowed Looking for Alaska from my sister to read on my upcoming train journey back to Birmingham. Last night I was bored beyond belief and decided to start reading it then. I hadn't planned to, but I ended up staying up until 5am reading the whole thing, I couldn't put it down.


I'm not going to say anything of the story as I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but I seriously recommend this book. I don't think I've ever read a whole book in one sitting, but I loved this.
The story isn't what you'd expect and I have to say, I ended up pretty heart broken at one point. I love the way in which it is written and the story in general and once my loan comes in, I'll be buying more of his work.

Have you read this? What did you think of it?

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favourite books. John Green is a fabulous author xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to read more of his stuff! xx

      Delete
  2. This is my second fav book! Absolutely incredible xxx

    ReplyDelete