Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Eighteen Facts About Me

Jumping on the bandwagon!

1. I'm a hoarder, but very organised. If things aren't in the place they should be it stresses me out a lot, which isn't helped when I have so much stuff.

2.  I don't believe I'm really brilliant at anything; I'm just average at most things. 
Most people tend to be either creative or logical thinking; I'm a bit of both. My best subjects are school were art and maths.


3. I have a little obsession with Alice in Wonderland, although I don’t like the Disney version of the film. I believe I have Alice in Wonderland Syndrome as well, which is not very commonly known about and although I'm not diagnosed with it, because I've never bothered to do anything about it, I have all the symptoms.

4. I got braces just after my 18th birthday. I wish I had been able to have them earlier and not be an adult with them, but my previous dentist was useless. They will hopefully be off this December or next June. I don’t mind having them, because I know how much of a difference they’ll make to my teeth and affect my confidence, but for now they make me look very young and I’m even more self-conscious because of them.


5. I’m a bit of a hypochondriac. I always believe there is something wrong with me, but I rarely bother going to the doctors, I just wait for whatever I think I have to ‘pass’, until I ‘get’ something else.


6. I constantly check if I have my phone and keys on me and if they aren’t where they should be I stress out a lot until I find them. Whenever I make a deal of it, my friends tell me that I haven’t lost them and that they’re still in my bag, so far 100% of the time they have been right.


7. I go through stages of being obsessed with one band and they will be all I listen to for from a week up to a few months. At the moment, it’s still Frightened Rabbit.


8. I sleep like ‘Snow White’. I rarely move in my sleep, something which my friends who I've shared a bed with have noticed and find really strange.


9. I could drink tea constantly. I've been drinking it since a very young age; I think I was 3 or 4 and drink at least five cups a day usually.


10. I've recently decided to become vegetarian. It’s taking some getting used to and my family still haven’t realised I'm being serious yet. I think this year I've eaten meat twice, both while being drunk and forgetting, 

but I'm more determined now.


11.  If I wasn't called Catherine, I would have been called Sinead or Mairead. My parents were intent on my having an Irish name, even though none of my siblings do.


12. My only real fears are falling over, which is such a silly one and heights; to the point I feel very uncomfortable even standing on a chair.



13. I was an Irish dancer from the ages 4-10. I travelled all around the country competing and even went to the World Championships in Belfast and danced with my team, we won!


14. I think the only colour hair I haven’t had is green.


15. Although I want to be a fashion journalist, another career dream of mine is to own my own cupcake/tea shop.

16. I've recently started reading again and have fallen in love with John Green as a writer.

17. I love piercings. I currently have ten and have had seven others in the past. 
I kind of have an ongoing project with ear piercings and I plan on getting at least one more this year.

18.  It's cliché, but I really want to travel. Outside of the UK I have only been to Ireland, Belgium and Barcelona, so over the next ten years I want to travel as much as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be the sort of person who is brave enough to get something like an interesting piercing or tattoo, but i don't think i have the guts, haha! I'm a new follower, awesome blog, and you can check out and follow my blog if you wish at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com

    Tata, Leah xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have a little teashop too! So interesting that you were an Irish dancer :) xx

    ReplyDelete