Friday, 16 November 2012

Music now is quite amazing

Okay, so I don't often post about musicians, I think I've done two posts about music before, but there is something about this band that really gets to me. I think considering my recent relationship situation and one of their albums being focused on a break up, I was really able to relate to it, but that doesn't mean that you can't just enjoy the music anyway.

The band in question are Frightened Rabbit, anyone who knows me knows about this band and how much I adore them. I'm constantly listening to them and although part of my wants to keep them as 'my band', I feel as though I should share such brilliance with everyone else.

They formed in 2003, released their first album in 2006 and have released another two since, the indie band from Scotland have their forth album due out in February. 


I can't even remember how I came about this band, I assume it was something to do with listening to Glasvegas that led me to them. In just over a year, they've had me listening to their tracks over 3000 times! I may seem slightly obsessed, but when a band like this comes about whose music means so much to you, can make you happy when it needs too, or sad when you want it too, you know they're something special.

I would honestly recommend this band to everyone, but particularly people who are into bands like Glasvegas, The Vaccines, and Mumford and Sons. They're touring the UK in February and I have already ordered my ticket for Portsmouth!


1 comment: