Friday, 31 August 2012

Get lippy

I'm not one to wear lipstick everyday and then when I do, it tends to be nude or light pink in colour. As I focus more on my eye make-up, adding a bold lipstick would look a bit OTT for my liking.
I don't have loads of lipsticks, but for how often I actually wear it, I probably have too many and because I don't wear it that often. I don't own expensive brands. My collection consists on MUA and Barry M


LP52 Lip Paint - Shocking Pink LP101 Lip Paint - Marshmellow
You can't knock Barry M for their colours, they're pigmented. The colours are bold and last all day! My only issue with them, is with the Marshmellow lip paint. In the tube it looks like a soft nude colour, but it goes on your lips nearly white and looks like foundation. The only time I wear it now, is as a base for another colour as it tones down the colour over it.


 MUA
Shade 6, Shade 12, Shade 4, Shade 11, Shade 10
Overall, I do like MUA, however despite claiming to be 'packed full of pigmentation', some of the colours really aren't. As you can see mainly Shade 12 and 4 are quite glossy and shade 4 definitely looks like gloss on lips rather than lipstick, luckily I still love the colour and have bought several tubes of it over the past couple of years. It is one of my most worn colours.
For the rest of the colours I've tried, I've been impressed. Bold colours, which last! Something which isn't expected for a £1 lipstick.

Overall, both are brands I would use again. There are a few aspects of each brand which aren't perfect, but they are cheap and reliable lipsticks. They also last ages!

Have you tried these brands? What's your opinion on them?

2 comments:

  1. MUA lipsticks are never going to be great because after all they are only £1 but i do like certain shades xo

    floraldisastersblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried either of these brands, but am on the look out for the perfect deep berry shade lippy for autumn!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab Sunday xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete