Wednesday, 8 August 2012

A tethered mind freed from the lies









I went for a very simple outfit today and I'm glad I did, because the heat in Birmingham shocked me when I walked out the door! I went for a basic top from Topshop, which I got for Christmas last year. I didn't really put much thought into my outfit today, the top was just the first thing I saw in my wardrobe. The black skater skirt is from Miss Selfridge and I love it, I just worry it makes my hips look bigger than they are, but I felt the baggy top managed to balance it all out. My boots are ankle boots I've had for ages from New Look, but I rarely wear them, so I put them on as a change from my Docs or Dolly shoes that I seem to live in these days.

I added a little detail to the outfit with a leaf necklace I bought from New Look a couple of years ago, my new watch from ASOS and an array of bracelets. The pearl look ones are from Primark and the black one was in a set from New Look I bought two years ago. The Skull bracelet, which is apparently made from Ox bone was one I bought last year from a small shop in Wales, although they are widely available on eBay.
I've been wearing my hair in a top know for a few weeks now, I'm trying to give my hair a chance to grow, without having to straighten it or wear extensions. The top knot is still a very popular style as it's so easy to create and perfect for keeping your hair of your face for summer!

1 comment:

  1. this is a really cute outfit, i wish i'd read this post before i left the house, it didn't look that hot in birmingham, but i was shocked too!

    ReplyDelete