Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Well deserved splurge

I have basically being saving money all throughout this year for friends birthday presents and going out for their birthdays, so I haven't really had any 'me money'. Well, after my birthday finally came about I ended up with a nice amount of money for a shopping trip. I didn't actually end up spending it all, despite living in a city with the Bullring shopping centre, it wasn't good to me the day I went, however I still managed to pick up a few pieces I adore!

First off was a trip into Primark to see what bargains I could find and I found these! A pink sheer blouse with black heart detailing for £10. I love it, it was the first thing I saw when I walked in the shop. It's really pretty and I'll be able to dress it up or wear it casually, so it's a great item. I then found this dress upstairs, black and white striped with a skinny red belt. Again, it was £10, so I was more than happy. I'm able to wear the dress now despite the terrible weather, by teaming it with black tights and my Docs, but I also be able to wear it in sunny with some ballet flats or brogues.

I'd seen this top on the Topshop website the night before I went shopping and I swore that if it wasn't in store, I'd buy it online, despite the £4 delivery charge. Luckily for me, it was in store! It was £18 and I absolutely love it. It's quite different to the sort of things I usually wear and I'm not confident enough to rock it with my midriff out, so some high-waisted bottoms will definitely be accompanying it.

I had sort of given up with New Look, I feel as though the clothes have gone downhill in the last few years, but I'd been given a gift card for New Look as a birthday present, so I had a browse. I came across this for only £7.99 and I was chuffed. I love the floral pattern creating the skull and it will be perfect for a casual look with leggings, but I think I could wear this with pretty much anything.

Finally, this was my last purchase of the day. A skater skirt from Miss Selfridge. Again, Miss Selfridge isn't somewhere I tend to shop, but I popped in on my way out of the bullring. I've been looking for a skater skirt for months and this is pretty much perfect! I wore it yesterday when I went for a meal and it's perfect for disguising a food baby (just a tip there) plus it's very flaterring on the waist and makes it look tiny!

I definitely want to take another trip shopping soon and maybe pick up some accessories, as I haven't bought any in quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment