Sunday 1 January 2012

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, worth the price?

I have been wearing Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner since I first starting wearing eyeliner when I was 12/13, I've experimented with other liquid eyeliners, but always found that I prefer Collection 2000. However, for Christmas this year, I got a Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, I had seen it in shops, but due to the £8 price tag, I've never really considered using it, because how much better than liquid eyeliner can it really be?


In my personal opinion, it's not better than liquid eyeliner, well that's what I think after using it once, maybe I'm not used to it and haven't got a technique yet, but right now, my heart is still with liquid eyeliner.

It doesn't appear to look much different to liquid eyeliner. I would imagine gel liner is less likely to 'crack' as some people notice with liquid, which is of course a plus and I'm sure some people would find the brush you get with gel much easier to handle and use. I'm not saying gel liner is a bad product, however with the £8 price tag, I don't think it's worth the money. I found it quite difficult to get both my eyes looking even, although that could be due to the terrible lighting in my bedroom and I had to put quite a lot on to get it looking black and even now I don't think it looks dark enough.

It's purely down to personal opinion, as I know my sister is a fan of gel liner and prefers it too liquid. I would just rather pay £3 for liquid eyeliner, which may I add seems to last forever and I find much easier to apply! x

No comments:

Post a Comment